- Find out easy methods to have interaction with Jenkins from inside Eclipse, NetBeans, and IntelliJ IDEA
- Develop customized strategies that act upon Jenkins info in actual time
- A step by step, useful consultant that will help you find out about extension issues in current plugins and the way to construct your individual plugin
Jenkins CI is the best open resource non-stop integration server. it really is written in Java and has a wealth of plugins to help the development and checking out of just about any venture. Jenkins helps a number of software program Configuration administration instruments comparable to Git, Subversion, and Mercurial.
This publication explores and explains the various extension issues and customizations that Jenkins bargains its clients, and teaches you the way to boost your individual Jenkins extensions and plugins.
First, you'll the way to adapt Jenkins and leverage its skills to empower DevOps, non-stop Integration, non-stop Deployment, and Agile initiatives. subsequent, you'll find out the best way to decrease the price of sleek software program improvement, elevate the standard of deliveries, and thereby lessen the time to industry. we'll additionally educate you ways to create your individual customized plugins utilizing Extension points.
Finally, we are going to aid you mix every little thing you discovered over the process the publication into one real-world scenario.
What you'll learn
- Retrieve and act upon Jenkins details in actual time
- Find out the way to engage with Jenkins via quite a few IDEs
- Develop your individual shape and enter validation and customization
- Explore how Extension issues paintings, and boost your individual Jenkins plugin
- See the way to use the Jenkins API and command-line interface
- Get to grasp the best way to remotely replace your Jenkins configuration
- Design and boost your personal info Radiator
- Discover how Jenkins customization will help enhance caliber and decrease costs
About the Author
Donald Simpson is a knowledge expertise advisor dependent in Scotland, UK.
He makes a speciality of assisting companies enhance the standard and decrease the price of software program improvement during the adoption of technique automation and Agile methodologies.
Starting out as a Java developer, Donald's curiosity in software servers, networking, and automation led him to a occupation as a construct engineer. He continues to be hugely technical and hands-on and enjoys studying approximately new applied sciences and discovering how you can automate and increase handbook processes.
He could be reached at www.donaldsimpson.co.uk.
Table of Contents
- Preparatory Steps
- Automating the Jenkins UI
- Jenkins and the IDE
- The API and the CLI
- Extension Points
- Developing your personal Jenkins Plugin
- Extending Jenkins Plugins
- Testing and Debugging Jenkins Plugins
- Putting issues Together